It's Coming


30 is just 10 days away now…that big bold number looms in front of me.  It’s not that I’m afraid of it.  I know it won’t really change anything.  But there it is.  Big. Bold. Round.  I’m the last of most of my friends to turn thirty so at this point it really just seems inevitable, expected. 

My twenties are rapidly coming to an end.  It’s been an amazing, beautiful decade of life.  Over the last ten years I have accomplished more quantifiable achievements than I may in any of the decades to come.  I graduated college, got engaged and married to a faithful, loving man, who continually keeps me on my toes, completed a masters degree, gave birth to two amazing little boys, and moved to a foreign country. 

Parenting those two precious little men will probably be my greatest accomplishment over the next couple of decades.  I’m not belittling this task by any means.  I know that some of my greatest challenges are ahead of me.  I still have so much to learn as a parent; so much to experience alongside them.  I’m looking forward to it and terrified by it all at the same time. 

Yes, there is much beauty and challenge yet to be had in this next decade that begins with a 3.  I think I’m ready to embrace it with open arms.  My life is full of so many wonderful things already and so many memories to look back on in thankful wonder.  I’m humbled at the thought that God still has more in store for me - more gifts to add, more grace to bestow, more challenges to grow and shape me.
 

Bring it on 30.  I’m ready for you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment