Summer Highlights - Part 2


This summer was filled with wonderful, glorious time spent by the water.  Time staring at it's blue vastness, time listening to waves lap against the shore, time out on a boat enjoying the wind in our faces, and time spent swimming and splashing.  It was a beautiful thing.




First, my parents took us up to Lake Tahoe for a couple of nights where we were blessed to spend an afternoon out on a boat with friends of theirs. The boys loved the time on the boat and splashing on the shores of (freezing cold!) Lake Tahoe, while Dave and I loved being back at the lake staring at the bright blue water and gorgeous trees and mountains that surround it.  I was not introduced to the beauty that is Lake Tahoe until I moved to Reno, NV in my early 20s.  It is so much fun to watch my kids experience it at such a young age.



Next, Dave's parents took us on the family's annual trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  The vastness, beauty, and strength of the ocean never cease to amaze me.  Personally, I think it's one of God's greatest creations.  Eli loved being out in the water with his Dad while Josiah's favorite activity was using the beach chairs as a jungle gym.



Then, while we were back in Maryland staying with Dave's parents, we got to spend time at his uncle's house enjoying the beach of the Severn River and time out on the Chespeake in his uncle's yacht.  The temperature of the water was surprisingly warm this summer and the boys absolutely loved playing in the water and sitting on the shore playing in the sand as the water lapped at their feet.  I can still picture their smiles as they soared up in the air and back into the water in their Daddy's arms.

Let me tell you people, friends and family with boats and access to beach-side houses are wonderful things!  We were incredibly blessed by all the people who let us share in these experiences with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment