A Reminder of Grace

The weather has turned warm and sunny here in Mexico City.  The first glimpses of summer (even when they come during winter) always remind me to be thankful.  I am thankful for the warm sun on my face - the grace of God shining down even on little, undeserving me.

I have had my up and down days (even hours) since moving here to Mexico.  Too often I’ve forgotten to be thankful for all that I have.  But bright blue skies and warm weather always seem to lift my spirits and remind me of all that I have been given.  I look at Eli and am so thankful for his precious smile, I hear his sweet baby laughter and pray that somehow I can preserve it in my memory for a lifetime, I look down at my growing pregnant belly and am I reminded of the amazing miracle God is creating in me, I feel Dave’s arms around me and remember how blessed I am to have such a loving, steadfast man in my life.  All of this is only by the grace of God.

I’ve had this song by Jenny & Tyler playing on repeat.  I think I’m trying to pound into my head to remember the sunshine and just how blessed I am.



If you need the reminder too the whole album just happens to be free on Noisetrade right now.  Just click here: Jenny & Tyler, Faint Not.

As an added bonus, if you purchase their cover of The Sound of Silence from their website or iTunes right now all of the profits go to International Justice Mission (IJM) and their fight against human trafficking – go ahead do little something to make a difference int he world!  Learn more about it here: The Sound of Silence and IJM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment