Miss me?

In case anyone was curious about my lack of posting lately - sadly my lap top bit the dust this week.  It was a hand-me-down (thank you so much to my sister-in-law, Sarah. It was great while it lasted) and had a long and useful life.  We'd been expecting it for a while.  However, I didn't fully expect the void not having a computer for a couple of days would leave me feeling.

I have become more reliant on technology than ever since moving to Mexico.  Conversations on Skype, Facebook, E-mail and Google Messenger have become so incredibly important to me.  They are how I stay connected with friends in the U.S. and around the world (hint, hint I'd love to hear from you).  It's part of my sense of community.  Without these connections I found myself feeling a bit lost.  How did people handle it back when they had to rely on waiting for written letters?  Even now it takes a good 3 weeks to get a package or card here from the U.S.. In the end I guess I'm just spoiled.

Anyway, I'm once again relying on an in-law hand-me-down computer until we figure out the finances for something new (perhaps an iPad!).  Thanks to my brother-in-law, James, I have a rather cute and tiny little Dell laptop mini to keep me connected to the outside world for a little while. I'm definitely blessed to have such generous in-laws!  And thank you to my amazing husband who spent last night getting it set up just right for me.

So next week you should be able to, once again, expect a post or two from me.  I have some things in the works and my fingers are beginning to get used to this little keyboard.

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  • Susan | April 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM

    I will say it. I missed you. I check in every couple of days to see if there has been a new blog post. Glad you are back!

  • TBunting | April 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM

    I'm so behind on my blog reading! I'm so glad you got a temp fix...I highly recommend the Ipad, cheap (all things considered) and efficient. Most of our racers get those. Love you!

Post a Comment